About the Illinois Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center
The Illinois Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (ILHITREC), based at Northern Illinois University, has supported thousands of Illinois providers and practices in meaningful use and incentive program processes since 2010. ILHITREC offers registration, attestation and Meaningful Use services at no cost to qualified Medicaid providers through a contract with the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services.
ILHITREC is your bridge to Health IT Resources. ILHITREC’s goal is to help facilitate Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs), thereby enhancing the electronic exchange of information across health care settings in order to meet national goals:
- Improve quality, efficiency and reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and families in their healthcare
- Improve care coordination
- Improve population and public health
- Maintaining privacy and security