Mission & Vision
IL-HITREC's primary goal is to leverage expertise and resources to implement the outreach, education, and technical assistance programs necessary to assist Illinois physicians to advance toward the goal of improving the quality and value of care they provide by attaining or exceeding meaningful use of electronic health records.
Our vision is for priority primary care physicians to use an interoperable health information technology system to improve the quality and efficiency of providing patient care in Illinois.
IL-HITREC Core Values for Engaging Providers in Illinois
- Filling key gaps to best serve and advocate for providers, patients, and their communities
- Allocate resources optimally to maximize efficiencies and synergies
- Actively engage both the ultimate authority and working levels at provider organizations
- Openly collaborate with other RECs to address regional overlaps and share resources
- Similarly collaborate with other health IT entities and initiatives
- A Learning Community
- Serve as a shared community resource for knowledge transfer
- Actively encourage community members to share knowledge and experiences with each other
- Vendor Neutral
- Aggregate vendor information to enable providers and vendors to more efficiently engage
- Propagate best practices in vendor selection and engagement
- Open to working with all vendors to assist their providers residing in our service areas